W E L C O M E
My Sister Mary is an all volunteer, non-profit organization which was established to honor the memory of Mary E. (Fallon) Gistis.
Our goal is simple: we want to raise funds for cancer research or to benefit a cancer treatment facility. We have set a 5-year financial goal to raise $100,000 for this cause. We hope to achieve our financial goal by conducting several unique fundraising opportunities.
In 2013, we raised over $20,000 and distributed once again 50/50 to the same two cancer groups.
The money was raised by:
- Selling and exchanging jewelry, and a portion of the proceeds was donated to our charity
- Raising funds by running events such as the Chicago Marathon, Hampton Beach Half Marathon and South Africa's 'Big Five' race
- Annual fundraiser events with gracious donations from local businesses, restaurants and New England-area hotels
- Fundraising at the North River Theater
- And selling Mary Gistis' photographs at nearly every event
There are a number of ways which you can contribute to the group's fundraising efforts. Please view our Events page for a list of upcoming planned activities. Of course, you don't need to attend an event to make a donation, though!
Children's Book Series
This children's book series, "The Adventures of Sabrina," was started especially to raise money for our charity.
2013 Year In Review
Holiday Party Photo Sale
We dipped into Mary's 'photo vault' once again for a year-end holiday party on Sunday December 15th which served as our last fundraising event for 2013. Despite the snowstorm, we raised an additional $400 at this event!
Annual Fundraiser 2013
Our 2nd annual fundraiser was held on Sunday, November 3, 2013. The event raised over $7,600!