W E L C O M E
My Sister Mary is an all volunteer, non-profit organization which was established to honor the memory of Mary E. (Fallon) Gistis.
We started in 2012 and set a 5-year goal to raise $100,000 for cancer research or to benefit cancer treatment facilities. As of December 31, 2014, we have raised $55,000 for Stand Up 2 Cancer and The Gateway for Cancer Research. Charity event funds raised throughout the year are donated prior to year-end.
Our fundraising events include:
- Selling and exchanging jewelry and houseware products, and the net proceeds donated to the charity
- Raising funds by running in events such as road races
- Annual fundraiser events with gracious donations from local businesses, restaurants and New England-area hotels
- Fundraising at the North River Theater
- Selling Mary Gistis' photographs
- Children's books sales from "The Adventures of Sabrina" book series
There are a number of ways which you can contribute to the group's fundraising efforts. Please view our Events page for a list of upcoming planned activities. Of course, you don't need to attend an event to make a donation, though!
Dracut Old Home Day 5k
On September 12th, runners will be fundraising for us by running in the Old Home Day 5K in Dracut, MA. Please consider pledging our runners!
John Hancock Corporate Giving
John Hancock Corporate Giving generously donated $1,000 to My Sister Mary Foundation! We are very grateful to all of our corporate sponsors and to those firms who are willing to match employees contributions for great causes.
2014 Year In Review
Children's Book Series
This children's book series, "The Adventures of Sabrina," was started especially to raise money for our charity.
Naperville Half Marathon